Monday, May 17, 2010

Sugar Love....


I guess this blog can't just be all about cakes. I have too big of a mouth to keep it shut otherwise. ;-) Plus, I'm trying to fill up a lot of space, so there's more on here to look at..lol.

But speaking of cake...today is one of those days when I'd like to do absolutely nothing at all, except recline on the couch with a good stack of movies and a big ol' platter of cakes. Yes. Plural. More than one cake. Gotta represent all the flavors, right? Wouldn't want one to feel left out or anything.

But I will be good this week and refrain from baking. Unless I'm getting paid to do it. ;-)

To sorta, vicariously get my sugar fix...I thought I'd share a quick and easy recipe with y'all. One of my favorites because I always seem to have the ingredients on hand, and it's a pretty fast one to make, and it is sooo, sooo good.

If you make it, let me know how it turns out for ya...and this picture isn't mine. It's borrowed from Flickr (common pics). I didn't have a picture of mine. :-)

**Warning**......these are HIGHLY addictive, and might cause a noticeable increase to your backside if consumption exceeds common sense. :-D

Brown Sugar Brownies

1/2 stick salted butter (not margarine!)
1/2 cup EACH packed light and dark brown sugars
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. PURE vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.

In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Turn the heat off, and add the brown sugars, stirring until smooth. Stir in the beaten egg. Sift the flour and baking powder together and stir it into the brown sugar mixture. Add vanilla and pecans.

Pour the batter into the prepped pan and bake for about 20 minutes.

When it's cool, dust the top with some powdered sugar, then cut into squares. Store them in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid. (If there's any left. :-) )

Think carefully before you make these, though. You most likely will overindulge. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh yay for recipes!! I might try this for Donovan's 1st grade award ceremony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to! They aren't the most beautiful treat in the world, but they don't have to be. They are so good it's stupid. :-)
    I put a lot of pecans in mine, and love to throw in a little handful of coconut, too.

    ReplyDelete