Sunday, May 23, 2010

Space...the Final Frontier

Okay...I'm about to get started on baking the Space Cake. I'm a little excited about it. :-) I plan to take pictures and post of some of the steps I take making this cake. So it'll probably be, umm..interesting? Might be disastrous. We'll have to see.

I'll be making a batch of vanilla marshmallow fondant to cover my rice krispy planets. You know how I feel about fondant. But the homemade (and tweaked a little by me) is the lesser of the evils. ;-) It actually tastes pretty good, I'm just not a fan of chewing frosting. It's just weird.
But it should be okay for the rice krispy things.

I've decided on a dense vanilla butter cake tinted to be rainbow/tie-dyed for the bottom tier, (figured it would be a fun little surprise when it's cut) frosted with vanilla maple buttercream, and chocolate decadence for the top (6 inch) tier, frosted with dark chocolate buttercream. (And I'm thinking that I'm gonna be good and not eat any of this. Ha.)

Alright...time to get covered in powdered sugar. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment