Friday, May 21, 2010

Birthday Time!


Time to get to planning and baking my son's 11 year birthday cake. I think I've decided on an outer space theme. The idea is a really cool one in my head, I'm just hoping I succeed in the doing of it. :-)

I'm looking forward to it, I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product.


Space themed cakes are awesome...there are so many elements and colors to work with. A cake decorator's dream. ;) While I was thinking about what kind of cake I wnted to make him, I also tossed around the idea of dragons (also VERY cool), Poke'mon (blah), Lord of the Rings (yay!), and several others. But the space theme just seemed like it'd be more fun.

One day I'll attempt a 3-D dragon cake, but only when I've got the time and money to do a lot of experimenting. :-) I've seen some pretty amazing ones, especially one done for a Dungeons & Dragons party by Mike's Amazing Cakes. Unbelievable. Wow. You should check that out if you get a chance. It's easy to find...there are pictures of it all over the internet.

Anyway...hope all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment